The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another’s, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises.- Leo Buscaglia (via sunflower-mama)
She scares the hell out of me and calms my soul at the same time. Maybe that’s what love is—a total contradiction that somehow balances out.- Tammara Webber, Where You Are (via trauen)
1. You don’t need to be better than anybody else, you just need to be the best you can be. Stop stressing yourself out because the kid next to you gets 90s on everything. You are going to be fine, but please do your work.
2. Your best friend from middle school’s life is gonna change. You’re going to watch it happen, except you won’t be her best friend anymore. Don’t beat yourself up because you aren’t there to help her. People grow apart.
3. If you want to say something to someone, say it. If you want to tell someone you love them or you care about them, stop being stubborn and tell them. If your friend is being irrational, tell her. Say anything you want to anyone, unless it’s rude and uncalled for. In that case, keep your damn mouth shut and don’t be an asshole.
4. People are going to hate you. You aren’t going to understand why, and for a while, you’re going to be hurt, and you’re going to cry. In a year tops, none of them will matter to you anymore. The only opinion of yourself that matters is your own, so stop letting other people define that.
5. Try your best not to hate the girl that flirts with the guy you like, or the guy that spreads rumors about you because you won’t give him what he wants. They don’t matter. I truly promise you they never will matter.
6. You’re going to meet a boy who makes you feel like you’re on top of the world. Don’t change the way you act or the way you walk or the way you talk for him. As much as you want to do everything the way he wants you to, don’t. You’re going to regret it when he’s gone and you can’t remember who you are.
7. When he leaves you, you’re going to think of all the good times you had together. As hard as it may be, try and remember how often he pissed you off, or the way he put you down or the way he looked at other girls. He wasn’t perfect. You guys weren’t always happy.
8. You weren’t perfect either, but don’t blame yourself. None of this is your fault.
9. Call your family and the people you love as often as you can. Ask them about their day, even if it’s boring. Because once they’re gone, you are going to wish you could spend every second of the day hearing about the book they read or the passage they heard at church.
10. If your best friend tells you he’s an asshole, then he’s an asshole. Stop doubting her and pretending things could work out. Open your eyes and realize what you’re putting yourself through.
11. When someone important to you tells you they’re mad at you for making a stupid mistake, it’s because they care about you. Don’t get mad at them. Tell them that they are right and that you love them, because if you overreact you are going to lose them and that is the worst thing that could happen.
12. It’s okay to make stupid decisions and get drunk on the weekends as long as you remember the people who held you up when you fell down, hugged you when you cried, and put you to bed when you were too messed up to get there for yourself.
13. Stop getting mad at your mom every time she talks to you. She’s smarter than you think, so stop telling her she’s dumb. As hard as it may be, just tell her you love her. You might regret it if you don’t.
14. Don’t let anyone tell you that you have a shitty taste in music. And when they do, blast your favorite song as loud as you can when you get home and sing along because it will make you feel pretty damn good.
15. Wake up at least 15 minutes earlier every day. It’ll pay off, you sleep too much anyway.
16. It’s alright to cry and don’t feel bad when you do. You’ve been through a lot and you deserve to cry sometimes. But don’t make a habit of it. Stop feeling sorry for yourself all the time, because that is when it’s going to turn into a problem.
17. Wear whatever the hell makes you feel good. Stop comparing yourself to other people because you’re you and you’re not them. Talk about yourself like you’re the coolest person you know. It’ll make you feel better.
18. The friends you walk to the beach with at midnight and watch horrible movies with are your best friends, even if you ignore each other at school and don’t talk about your feelings with them, I promise you they really are there for you. When one of them stops suggesting movies to watch and showing up at the door at 10 o’clock uninvited, do not let them leave. Find out what’s going on, give them the space they need, but don’t let them disappear. You regret it.
19. Stop telling yourself the age difference isn’t a lot, because it is. Even if it doesn’t matter to you, it’s not going to happen. Not because other people don’t approve of it, but simply because it just can’t happen. Let it be.
20. Leave your summer fling in the summer.
21. Don’t allow yourself to be a rebound. He didn’t care about you the first time, he didn’t care about you the second time, so what makes you think after the third time he’s changed? Kick him out of your life, he doesn’t deserve to be there.
22. Stop being so selfish and allow yourself to move on. Go on first dates with people you are never going to call again. Ask for the cute boy you see’s number. Flirt, but don’t lead on.
23. If you don’t feel like you belong in someone’s life, don’t be apart of it.
24. Take risks. If you want him to dance with you, ask him to. If you like him, ask him on a date. Don’t wait around for him to notice you on his own because it’s less likely to happen.
25. You are going to be fine.- 25 things i wish i could go back and tell myself before freshman year (via instanit-y)